Choosing the right colors can turn any room in your home into an extraordinary space. But with such an overwhelming amount of color options, selecting a palette for a design project can be a difficult task. If you’re falling short on color ideas, we’ll help you take a blank canvas to something that you can’t wait to display. Join us today as we go through the process of selecting the best neutral colors for your home. Learn what are the neutral colors and each hue’s unique traits. With expert advice and inspiring photos of rooms with gorgeous neutral colors, you’ll be ready to create your own personal style.
What are the neutral colors?
With a variety of tones that go from chalky white to creamy latte and drif2od gray, neutral paint colors are the quiet stars of the interior home décor. Neutrals (think white, black, gray, brown, cream and pretty much any muted earth tone) are extremely versatile and can complement any furniture, decor, fabrics and other accessories in your home. Whether you opt for a modern or more traditional home, neutral colors work well with almost any plan. A neutral color palette provides an excellent background to any color, setting up the stage for amazing decorating ideas. If you need some help imagining how they might play out in your own home, all you have to do is take a look at the stunning color schemes below to get inspired.
How to decorate with neutral colors
Choosing the right color scheme can brighten up a room and completely transform the mood. Painting your walls with neutral paint colors such as beige, gray, cream or taupe can produce stunning, sophisticated interiors for you, if you use them correctly. After all, simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Decorating an interior with neutral shades can be done in 2 basic ways: either as a soft, all-neutral look or as a backdrop to drop some dramatic accents into your design. Read on to see just how versatile neutrals can be and learn how to create a bold statement in your apartment décor using our palette-perfecting ideas.
Using neutrals as a striking backdrop
If you want your walls to be a backdrop rather than a focal point, neutral colors are the perfect choice for you. They will help you help you create a solid foundation for amazing combinations and decorating ideas, no matter what style you choose. Basically there is no limit on the range of neutral shades that you should use, but you should combine them with an eye for balance and harmony, whether you are using them to complement or contrast with other décor elements. Accentuating neutral-hued walls and spaces with statement pieces that offer touches of color will add a dramatic effect to your space.
Create your very own oasis with all-neutral rooms
If you want to create a sense of clean, simple and understated design, a neutral color palette could be the way to go. An all-neutral room should make a statement through its own existence. To pull off this decorative endeavor, a keen eye for design is required. If you don’t plan it properly, you can generate a faded and unwelcoming environment where everything seems worn out and old. If you do it right, you’ll have a relaxing retreat that embraces simplicity in a supremely stylish way.
Tips & tricks for decorating with neutral colors
No matter what your style is, the right neutral color palette will underscore it. When decorating with neutral paint colors, it’s really important to follow a few basic rules that will help you achieve a successful home décor. Learn the best ways to use each color and each tone’s unique characteristics using the following neutral colors decorating tips:
• for feelings of tranquility and calm, choose the cool neutrals; for an elegant and traditional feel, go for warm neutral paint colors
• if you don’t want your room to feel dull and lifeless, it’s important to bring in a variety of patterns and textures – so, to break the monotony add tactile surfaces for depth and interest
• keep it simple – use various undertones of a single neutral color to create a highly fashionable monochromatic interior
• take cues from the space itself – for example, you can make a room feel larger using light shades that reflect the light
• run away from monotony using contrasts – in a neutral environment, almost any combination works! you can use dark wood, stone and tile in various finishes like matte or polished, or cool hues versus warm ones
• do not forget about lighting – it plays a crucial role in a neutral color scheme, enlivening and activating the space
• add a sophisticated touch – bring in art elements and luxurious furniture.
So, now you know what the neutral colors are and how to make them work in your own space. If you want more color inspiration, look no further than the 10 rooms below!