We Flauti: Incredible Hand-Blown Murano Glass Lights


It must be quite joyful in order to feel associated with reviving great centuries-old customs of your nation and the whole globe, end up being engaged in conserving the world’s cultural traditions and give brand new life in order to unique historic craftsmanship. Definitely this was the actual English-Italian style team Giopato & Coombes felt if they started to focus on their light design called “I Flauti”.

0-I-Flauti-hand-blown-Murano-glass-suspended-lamp-LED-bulb-hand-turned-brass-ring-design-by-Giopato-&-Coombes-Italy-multicolored

I actually Flauti will be the embodiment associated with 2 different principles: historic traditions plus modern technology. And this causes this lamp type of a fantastic mean between your past as well as the future.

The particular tradition-related area of the lights is usually hand-blown Murano glass they may be made from. It is hard to think this, however the history of glass-making in Venice dates back towards the 10 th 25 year. It all started from the manufacturing of the most important household products, then steadily developed into the particular visiting credit card of Venice and by the particular 15 th millennium made this particular city the planet leader within glass-making market. After a period associated with depression, this particular splendid workmanship was refurbished and its greatest traditions continue to be alive these days. The cup was called in the recognize of the Murano Island, exactly where Venetian glass-makers had to move their training courses due to fireplace safety problems in the thirteen th century.

2-I-Flauti-hand-blown-Murano-glass-suspended-lamp-LED-bulb-hand-turned-brass-ring-design-by-Giopato-&-Coombes-Italy-multicolored

Now probably the most classical glassblowing techniques – “ballotòn” plus “filigrana” – are used to create I Flauti lights. Yet besides getting made from this type of peculiar expensive material, this particular collection of lights is fascinating because of its do it yourself nature: the particular glass segments they include are available in 7 colors plus shapes, which provides plenty of area for personalization. Besides, every piece is definitely one-of-a-kind, since it’s hand-blown. As for the shades, they are extremely typical associated with Venice, particularly when the sun pieces over it: increased, blue, yellowish, green, plus orange – all the many cheerful colors of the range in a faceted frame.

In addition, the name I actually Flauti represents “The Flutes”, and this can also be symbolical, because the flute is among the oldest music instruments created by the mankind.

3-I-Flauti-hand-blown-Murano-glass-suspended-lamp-LED-bulb-hand-turned-brass-ring-design-by-Giopato-&-Coombes-Italy-multicolored

And exactly what about the contemporary part of I actually Flauti? Specifically for this selection Giopato & Coombes exercised a 7-watt LED light bulb (also manufactured in the and surrounding suburbs of Venice, by the way) that stands out both up and downwards through the light. Thereby regarding 25% associated with light can be emitted not directly (upward) as well as the rest 75% is released downward. An excellent finishing contact to the selection is through hand-turned metal rings that will hide all of the must-have information on a hanging lamp within an elegant plus laconic method.

1-I-Flauti-hand-blown-Murano-glass-suspended-lamp-LED-bulb-hand-turned-brass-ring-design-by-Giopato-&-Coombes-Italy-multicolored


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *